We took the time to speak with Archara Flowers and Erlinda Espinoza from White Lace & Promises to gain a few handy tips when it comes to picking the perfect blooms for your wedding day. To learn more about what you should you consider, and what you need to avoid, read on…
Without further adieu… here is what our wedding professionals have to say regarding Flower Do’s & Don’ts:
- DO invest in a visual backdrop. Using it to frame your vows in the moment will add that special touch to that all encompassing moment. What better way to achieve this using fresh blooms?
- DO carry a manageable bouquet. Heavy, awkwardly held bouquets will detract from the splendour and leave you with very tired hands at the end of the day.
- DO keep the colours of your bouquet soft and romantic. Your bouquet is there to compliment that gorgeous gown you have dreamed of all your life, not overpower it.
- DO consider that heat sensitive flowers will wilt and look limp before the “I DO’S” are said.
- Do ask a reliable friend or family member to take responsibility in the care and whereabouts of your bouquets at all times. Bouquets have often been forgotten and damaged amongst the chaos.
- DON’t get too set on a particular flower before checking what flowers are in season around your wedding date. Archara recommends focusing on what colours you like and what inspires you.
- DON’T over-decorate. Tasteful well-placed centrepieces are all that’s needed for a lasting impression. Too much and your space may start to look tacky.
- DON’T forget that it’s “Here comes the bride” and not “Here comes the bouquet”. Again, small and sophisticated. Your bouquet should sit nicely between your waistline highlighting your beautiful silhouette. It’s not there for you to hide behind!
- DON’T hold back on the colour of your bridesmaids. Your bridesmaids’ bouquets are the perfect opportunity to broaden the colour range in your wedding. This is a great way to add that special pop of fun and atmosphere to the day. This is your opportunity to make an impact… so take it!
- DON’T forget to check the condition in which your flowers are delivered at the time of your pre-prep. There will be so much happening at that moment that it can easily be overlooked
We hope that these tips helped point you in the right direction
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.